John H. Pitman High School  Logo
Labs Parents Students
Contact Information Administration Teachers Educational Equity Current Events Campus Map PHS History Safety Alerts
Counseling Scholarships
Academics Departments Library Summer Assignments
PHS Athletics Booster Club Athletic Trainer Fall Sports Winter Sports Spring Sports Participation Data
Students Yearbook Roaring Times Roaring Times Archive Cheerleading Pitman Band Service Learning
Parents Closed Campus PTSA

PHS History

History/Facts

In November 1997, the voters of Turlock approved Measure "N" to fund the construction of John H. Pitman High School, named after the former superintendent/principal of the Turlock High School District. Construction was completed in April, 2002 and over 1000 students began their first day of classes on August 26, 2002. Each year, as the existing students move up to the next grade level, a new Freshman class will enroll until it includes all four grade levels beginning with the 2004-05 school year.

Pitman High School Facts

Projected Enrollment
2002 - Grades 9-10 1000 Students
2003 - Grades 9-11 1600 Students
2004 - Grades 9-12 1900 Students

Maximum Enrollment: 2000 students

First Graduating Class: 2005

Campus Size: 50 Acres

Initial Building Size: 155,591 square feet

Construction Budget:
Measure "N" = $35 million
Proposition 1A = $8.9 million

Mascot: The Pride

School Colors: Dark Green, Black, Silver

Athletic Leagues:
2002-04 - Valley Oak League
Fall 2004 - Central California Conference

Student Attendance Boundaries:
Students living in the areas for Osborn, Brown, Earl (North of Monte Vista) and Keyes schools will attend Pitman High School.

Dedication Ceremony

Below are Superintendent William H. Gibson (left) and Principal Rod Hollars greeting approximately one thousand guests at the Pitman High School Dedication Ceremony on Saturday, August 10, 2002. As indicated by Dr. Gibson, the facility was constructed under budget and well in advance of the opening of school.
dedication.jpg
dedication2.jpg