The mission of the Jeffrey S. Riley Scholarship is to assist deserving Pitman High School and Turlock High School student athletes in their future scholastic endeavors in the spirit of Jeff Riley's passion for sports and academia.
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria by April 1, 2017 at midnight PDT:
- Completed Application (form attached below)
- Two References
- Academic Reference
- Coach Reference
- Copy of Unofficial Transcript (Selection committee reserves the right to request official transcript)
Please follow the link below for your application. Deadline to apply is April 1st.
The A-Z foundation group is offering this scholarship to a high school senior who plans to attend a four year college or University in the fall of 2017. Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. See the following attachment to apply! Deadline to Apply is April 1st!
2017 Scholarships are now available. Click on the selected SCOE scholarship buttons to the left and community scholarships listed below.
The scholarships have been posted in PDF format. Please check the deadlines for each application and submit by the deadline for consideration. All Scholarships are due on March 27, 2017.
Beta Sigma Phi’s Turlock Chapter of Theta Omega will provide one $250 scholarship for a graduating Pitman High School female senior who will attend a four-year college, university, junior college, or trade school.
A graduating female Senior from Pitman High School
A total cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
A good record of activities and citizenship
10 hours of community service
Deadline to apply is March 15th! Click below for your application.
Modesto Garden Club will award six scholarship of $1,500 each to students majoring in the study of: Agronomy, Agriculture Education, Floriculture, Horticulture, Landscape Design, Botany, Forestry, Wildlife Science, Plant Pathology, City (Rural and Urban) Planning, Habitat or Forest Systems Ecology, Environmental Concerns, Environmental Conservation, Land Management, or allied subjects.
Deadline to apply is April 5th!
Six scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors in each of the following counties in the amount of $1,500.00 each: Merced, Madera and Stanislaus.
Criteria for Eligibility ~ CVOC Scholarship Awards
1. Student must be from a farmworker or verifiable low-income family.
2. The applicant must be planning to pursue education at a vocational, junior college, state college or university on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 units) beginning Fall 2017 semester.
3. If selected, the applicant will be required to provide proof of enrollment at the vocational, junior college, state college or university of his/her choice.
4. Applicants must have at least a 3.0 Cumulative High School GPA.
5. Applicants must accurately and completely fill out the entire scholarship application.
6. High school transcript must be submitted.
7. Copy of parent/guardian’s 2016 Federal Income Tax Return must be submitted with scholarship application.
8. A minimum of three letters of recommendation are encouraged with the scholarship package.
9. Applications must be received (postmarks not accepted) by CVOC no later than Friday, March 31, 2017.
Central Valley Opportunity Center
Attn: Alicia Chavez, Scholarship Coordinator
PO Box 1389
6838 Bridget Court
Winton, CA 95388
You may mail or hand-deliver your application packet to CVOC.
10. Applications not meeting eligibility criteria and arrival date will not be considered.
11. The scholarship committee will screen all applications and conduct personal interviews with those selected as semi-finalists.
12. If you have any questions regarding this application or the application process, email Alicia Chavez at ACHAVEZ@cvoc.org or call her 209-357-0062, ext. 123.
Are you a senior and of Portuguese decent with a GPA of 3.5 or higher? Here is a great scholarship for you. Please see the attachment for your application and requirements. Deadline to apply is March 15th!
Student-view is offering $11,000 worth of scholarships to high school seniors. Simply log on to www.student-view.com and complete a 15-20 minute application survey about colleges in your area. Deadline to apply is April 22.
Abbott & Fenner Business Consultants are pleased to be able to continue with our scholarship program for the 10th year.
We will be awarding up to $1,000 to the winner(s) each year.
Scholarship Deadline - June 12, 2017.
Students will submit an essay on the topic that appears on the scholarship page of our web site
Our scholarship is called “Outdoor Hobbyist Scholarship Program”. This is an annual scholarship, requires an essay submission, and the winning applicant will receive $1000 dollars towards their cost of education.
All of the application details and the 2017 essay topic are available on our website
E. & J. Gallo Winery would like to invite qualified students to the Winery on January 30, 2017 to learn more about our High School Scholarship Internship Program (not mandatory to attend). This program is a great opportunity for students in the Central Valley to receive a college scholarship while gaining real work experience within the internship. Over the past 20 years, we’ve had 136 students enter this program and many of them have continued on to successful careers at the Winery and elsewhere. We ask that you advertise this opportunity to students who meet the qualifications listed below so that they can be considered for the program.
We are looking for seniors who meet the following qualifications:
3.2 unweighted cumulative GPA or higher
1190 SAT (1650 for old SAT) or 25 ACT score or higher
Two completed 250 word essays
Two letters of recommendation (both from an educator or one from an educator and one from an employer)
Must maintain a 2.8 GPA and full time student status at the college of their choice.
In addition, students have the opportunity to work as a paid intern at Gallo Winery for 40 days each summer before the year in which the student receives their scholarship award. The Summer Internship for 2017 will be from June 12 th – August 4 th . Students who opt into the Winery internship will receive real world projects and training in a department related to their field of study (if applicable). Applications that meet the above criteria must be received to Mayra Miranda, College Recruiting Coordinator, by end of business on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 for consideration.
Application materials can be sent electronically* to Mayra.Miranda@ejgallo.com (preferred) or physically to: E&J Gallo Winery Mayra A. Miranda College Recruiting (HR/Ops 1) 600 Yosemite Blvd. Modesto, CA 95354 *If sending electronically, please use Gallo HS Scholarship Internship Program 2017 as the subject line
20+ scholarships will be awarded ranging from $4,000 to $20,000. You must be a senior with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, be accepted for enrollment at a four year college or university. Please follow the link for more details. Deadline to apply is Feb 28, 2017!
Current seniors that are entering college in a horticulture related field in fall 2017 are eligible for a CANERS Scholarship! Please see the link below for your application and criteria. Deadline to apply is March 15, 2017!
Are you of Japanese American descent and a graduating senior? Here is you chance to win a $2,000 scholarship! Please follow the link below for your application and criteria. Deadline to apply is March 11, 2017!
Turlock Rotary offers several $1,000 dollar scholarships to area high schools. Please follow the link below for more information and an application. Deadline to apply is March 6, 2017!
Four $1,000 scholarships for the 2016-17 academic year will be awarded to graduating high school students who will be attending a 2 or 4 year college as undergraduates.
To be eligible for the Turlock Garden Club scholarship, the student shall:
- Be a student of Turlock, Denair or Hilmar High Schools, other applicants will also be considered.
- Be a high school graduating senior or a full time college student
- Be majoring in the study of Agronomy, Agriculture Education, Floriculture, Horticulture, Landscape Design, Botany, Forestry, Wildlife Science, Plant Pathology/Science, City Planning (rural or urban), Habitat or Forest/Systems Ecology, Environmental Concerns, Environmental Conservation, Land Management, or allied subjects.
- Have maintained at least a 3.0 GPA for the most recent two semesters.
Please find the attachment below for more information and your application! Deadline to apply is April 1, 2017!
There are SEVERAL scholarships available through Stanislaus Community Foundation. The Community Foundation uses an online application process for those scholarships funds that accept applications through the Foundation office. In order to apply, all applicants must be residents of Stanislaus County. Deadline to apply is March 2nd!
Greg McCleskey Memorial Scholarship Application
• Scholarship awards are for up to $2,000
• Students must be enrolled in, or enrolling in, an agriculture-related, four-year degree program.
• Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of selection.
• Applications must be postmarked no later than March 1. Award notifications will be released by April 30.
• Students must be a citizen of the United States of America to be eligible for scholarship awards. International students studying in the United States are not eligible.
• Applications will be accepted from high school seniors who reside in Stanislaus or San Joaquin counties and plan to attend any ag-related college or university.
• Students must remain in good academic standing with their college or university in order to access the scholarship funds.
• To receive scholarship funds, students are required to maintain full-time student status with their college or university
• Scholarships are for undergraduate tuition and/or books only
The Knights of Columbus, Father Heslin Council #2557 of Turlock is
awarding scholarships to the senior students who attend our local high schools. Scholarships will be awarded to the sons, daughters and grandchildren of active Father Heslin Council #2557 Knights of Columbus members only. Their father/grandfather must be an active member in good standing and if deceased was in good standing with Father Heslin Council #2557 of Turlock. This list excludes extended relatives. The Council Scholarship committee reserves the option to
recommend students who are deserving of financial assistance and have demonstrated outstanding community service. Applications may be obtained by following the link provided below. Applications must be returned by Monday, March 13, 2017
In 2016 they awarded $10,500 in scholarships to seniors graduating form our counties high schools that were pursuing an agriculture major at the college of their choice. Please click the link below to get your application. Deadline to apply is March 31st!
In honor of the memory of John L. Hollis, former Modesto City School
Board Trustee, Christian Public Servants annually awards several $750 scholarships to qualifying students who plan to pursue a career in public service. Please open the following attachment for more information on how to apply and qualifications. Deadline to apply is March 15th!
The BigSun Organization is proud to be able to continue to help young athletes succeed in their academic pursuits. We are offering an annual scholarship to a deserving student. All student athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport they are participating in. Their participation may be in any capacity, whether as a player, coach or official. Deadline to apply is June 19th. Please follow the link below for a list of qualifications and how to apply!
CAWG Foundation is offering at least six scholarship in 2017! Seniors of parents or legal guardians that are employees of a California wine grape growing season and attending a college in California plus enrolled in at least 12 units per semester my apply. Deadline to apply is March 24, 2017!
“B. Davis Scholarship”
The creators of the “Student Award Search Aid” website are offering a scholarship for 2017.
Please visit our website at to read about us and to apply for our scholarship. While you’re there, please browse through the rest of the site to learn more about applying for scholarships.
Our website was developed solely for the purpose of helping students locate and apply for scholarships. We are trying to improve the students’ chances for success. The site is free and we charge nothing for the information or the application.
The deadline for applications is May 22, 2017
Amount of Scholarship: $1,000
"Aspiring Fashion Professional" Scholarship. This is a $1,000 scholarship that will be awarded to students that are interested in pursuing a fashion degree at an accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit this link provided below. Deadline to apply is June 1st!
Aspiring Animation Professional Scholarship Program. This is the 5th year we are awarding this scholarship for AnimationCareerReview.com. We are offering high school seniors the opportunity to win a $1,000 scholarship. This will be awarded to students that are interested in pursuing an animation career path at an accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students visit the website provided below. Deadline to apply is June 1st!
Aspiring Business Professional Scholarship. This is a $1,000 scholarship that will be awarded to students that are interested in pursuing a business degree at any accredited post-secondary school or college. Interested students can visit this link provided below. Deadline to apply is June 1st!
After 25+ years, this is the last year that CPS will be offering this scholarship. There are several scholarships in the amount of $750 to be awarded to qualifying students. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic achievement (a GPA of at least 3.0 is
required), participation in church and/or other Christian ministries, plus community service. Deadline to apply is March 15, 2017. See attachment for a full list of qualifications and how to apply.
Every Saturday new scholarships are posted through collegeXpress. Please follow the link provided to find scholarships throughtout the country that you qualify for.