Six scholarships will be awarded to graduating high school seniors in each of the following counties in the amount of $1,500.00 each: Merced, Madera and Stanislaus.
Criteria for Eligibility ~ CVOC Scholarship Awards
1. Student must be from a farmworker or verifiable low-income family.
2. The applicant must be planning to pursue education at a vocational, junior college, state college or university on a full-time basis (minimum of 12 units) beginning Fall 2017 semester.
3. If selected, the applicant will be required to provide proof of enrollment at the vocational, junior college, state college or university of his/her choice.
4. Applicants must have at least a 3.0 Cumulative High School GPA.
5. Applicants must accurately and completely fill out the entire scholarship application.
6. High school transcript must be submitted.
7. Copy of parent/guardian’s 2016 Federal Income Tax Return must be submitted with scholarship application.
8. A minimum of three letters of recommendation are encouraged with the scholarship package.
9. Applications must be received (postmarks not accepted) by CVOC no later than Friday, March 31, 2017.
Central Valley Opportunity Center
Attn: Alicia Chavez, Scholarship Coordinator
PO Box 1389
6838 Bridget Court
Winton, CA 95388
You may mail or hand-deliver your application packet to CVOC.
10. Applications not meeting eligibility criteria and arrival date will not be considered.
11. The scholarship committee will screen all applications and conduct personal interviews with those selected as semi-finalists.
12. If you have any questions regarding this application or the application process, email Alicia Chavez at ACHAVEZ@cvoc.org or call her 209-357-0062, ext. 123.